20 November 2015

Times and locations of all our regular Masses can be found on the right hand side bar. Simply scroll down, beneath the pictures of the relevant church, you will find all the details, and contact numbers if provided.




And in other business, Advent is almost upon us again, how tempus does fugit. The year has just sped by, liturgically and personally, so apologies for not updating this blog as often as has been my wont.

The appalling acts of genocide, terrorism, and general violence seen globally are enough to make me grab my rosary and never read another news report. Similarly, on a different but nevertheless equally disturbing scale, all news coming out of the most recent synod** didn't just give me a headache. Like most people, I spent (or do I mean wasted?) a great deal of time trying to make sense of the nonsensical before I gave up. Church teaching has remained as constant as it has remained true, and will continue to be regardless of any attempts to subvert it, from within or without. I keep telling myself the gates of hell shall not prevail, and then read anything written by Bishop Schneider.


So here we are, almost in Advent. Preparing for Advent is almost as much fun as Advent itself, and because of the terrible things going on in the world, I will appreciate the preparations for the great feast of Christmas even more this year.


**

No comments: